WOLF Dog Walker Best Practices Agreement
Remember, no one is perfect! WOLF best practices are based on you giving your word that you are doing your BEST to work within these guidelines.
I agree to maintain to my utmost ability the following best practices: Signed__________________________________________________Date__________________
I am up to date with city and state business licenses and liability insurance.
I adhere to Seattle City OLA park rules and regulations as posted in each OLA.
- WOLF members strive to leave the park cleaner than it was upon arrival. WOLF members diligently “scoop poop” regardless of if its source.
- I agree to abide by pack size limits posted for each Seattle dog park, if/when such limits are imposed by the city. (Courtesy limit of 10 dogs is encouraged by WOLF, regardless of park limit.)
- All dogs are on leash both to and from the dog park.
- All of my dogs are well socialized before entering the park and well behaved while in the park.
- I strive for my dogs to enter into the dog park in a calm manner.
- I avoid lingering around gates with my pack, especially when a new dog is entering the park. This will help avoid a mob or prey mentality and will help ensure safety for everyone.
- I display a cooperative and professional attitude while in the park at all times. I do not lose my temper, yell, or cuss at any dog or human. If human conflict arises, I am civil and respectful in the midst of disagreement.
- I carry a list of license numbers and client contact information for each of my dogs at all times
- I do not leave dogs unattended in the park at any time. If I need to leave for an important matter, I ask another dog walker to briefly watch my pack. I do not leave dogs unattended in the park in order to bring in a second group of dogs, unless assisted by a fellow walker.
- I am conscientious and courteous of other park users when entering and exiting the park. I unleash inside the park, not inside the “air lock.” This creates congestion. Upon preparing to leave the park, I leash my group before going through the “air lock.”
- I am careful to not leave dogs unattended in my vehicle for extended periods of time, especially in the summer.
- I am pet CPR/First Aid certified
- I am knowledgeable in how to break up dog fights.
- I am an ally to other professional pack handlers.
- None of my dogs are in heat. All male dogs over one year old are neutered.
- All my dogs are well socialized, under my control, and do not create drama or conflict with other dogs.
- All dogs are over 4 months of age and are up to date on vaccinations and are healthy to the best of my knowledge.
- I do not linger on my cell phone while in the park. I use it for taking photos of my dogs or in case of emergencies.
- I remain active with my dogs and attentive, keeping them in view at all times. I am always walking, fetching, and or playing. I avoid being stationary in the park and I avoid standing around talking or excessively socializing with humans. I avoid overcrowding areas with my pack. This can be intimidating to owners of single dogs and can overwhelm some dogs.
- I value professional growth by seeking to learn from science based educational materials and programs.
- I strive to volunteer for the Seattle dog community at least 3 hours per month.
- Apply: Send us licenses and insurance policy numbers
- Yearly Dues: $85 (subject to change)
- Best Practices
- Community Service
- Fund Raising
You can also join by purchasing WOLF gear and sending a quick email!